Friday, December 16, 2022

Desanimo = Discouragement


 The last six hours were spent trying to repair my Autocad. A stupid System.Web.Extension version=4.0.0.0 cannot be loaded. Now I downloaded a PC repair program and it is working for an hour. I have a light feverless flu, all my body is aching. Not too bad but it sets a discouraging mood. 

The Economist estimates that 40% of Argentina's workforce is in the informal sector. Meaning selling ice cream on the streets, repairing old cars, and working as daily construction hands. This was totally unknown at my time. On the other hand, my relatives are comfortable. The young generation is already mixed, drop-outs from the Jewish people. They fall in love with a nice schikse and don't realize that they are forfeiting their future. You have to lose your mind to choose to be an Argentine Criollo (pic) instead of the European Jews they are. My childhood friend Viky Haar married a Criolla at age 18 and now, one of his three sons is selling balloons in the zoo, and the second is doing occasional ironsmith jobs and living in abject poverty. The youngest is the most successful:  he operates a cultural marijuana joint and has two kids from two different women.  I am convinced that out-marrying leads to a loss of moral and social position. 

No comments:

Post a Comment