Sunday, December 2, 2018

Saloniki Jews Old Age Home

Superurgent job: to map the compound's water and sewage system. The Ministry of Health demands this document and I promised it. Slept badly, woke up with fear in my guts.


P.S.: After a hellish 48 hour workday, I finished and submitted the drawing and report. The Min.of Health answered me immediately, and it transpires that they were interested only in the hot water system, if the water was hot enough to prevent Legionnaria sp. survival. The elderly have no resistance against this bacteria.  I always work too much.

Anecdote: The staff kept mentioning the Saudi residents in the old age home, the plumbing issues in the Saudi wing and so. I wondered - do they have Saudi Arabians here? Then I understood, "סיעוד" in Hebrew (and probably in Arabic) means nursing and it is pronounced almost the same. And most of staff is Arabic. Maybe it was a private joke of theirs.  

No comments:

Post a Comment