Sunday, June 2, 2019

TASE Tel Aviv Stock Exchange Reflexions



Michael Rochberger writes in The Marker that the year 2019 is lost for large State projects because there is no government and the Ministers are busy in politics till the new elections in September and then to learn the subject.

The economy is stable, full employment, inflation low, private demand is not growing, so the great winners are the banks (red line on the graph). 73.77% growth in the last 4 years. The second line in green is real estate 45.09 %.

The total losers are technological companies, they lost 15% in 4 years. Terrible. I was hit by them big time - Bezeq and Tower and so.

Industrial companies are collapsing and cannot compete with Turkish imports. This development is very disappointing, I am a working engineer and my clients are hardworking entrepreneurs and I want them to profit, but in the current economy, it is impossible.

Open markets and the bureaucracy kill all local initiative. That's why I specialize in compliance vis-a-vis the regulators. I dislike this pointless torture, but it ensures me some income. Understandable, my Clients dislike (an understatement) spending on compliance and try to avoid paying me.

This is where I am now. What is to be done?

No comments:

Post a Comment