Monday, March 29, 2021

Not Stock Exchange Mandrake

 I am having a free day with no one pressuring me to finish their projects. This is very unusual for me and somewhat unsettling too. So I looked up the evolution of my bourse investments and in ten years I had triplicated my savings (200% gain). Calculated that it means 11% per annum (compound interest equation) in US dollars. I had estimated dollar inflation to be around 3% but discovered that it was only 1.5%  in the last decade, meaning 16% loss in real terms. It is almost insignificant. The yield in real terms was about 10%. Since each month I added more stock, the real growth may have been only 5% and taking into account the 25% tax - around 4% in real terms. It should have been 6% if TEVA maintained its worth, but unfortunately I am losing 50-60% on that company. I also lost on my DELEK (oil) bets. I did somewhat better than the index but the bottom line is that I am no stock exchange magician.  

No comments:

Post a Comment