Tuesday, November 22, 2022

Malfeasances

 
An old and good client, a chain of small food shops open 24/7, asked me to update a drawing made four years ago. The Taagid HaMaim, the local Water Supplier, made several new demands. After I updated once and again to comply with their strange requests, they asked for the Client's number. I mean, the water company demanded to know the user's identity. After dozens of emails exchanged, the Client sent me a water bill with a number, but the address was wrong and the amount of water consumed during the year was zero. I told them that I cannot use this document. And I am asking for more money to continue working on the project.

Obviously, the chain had been stealing water and intended to complicate me. It is not the first time that Clients feed me lies, trying to use me to certify their malfeasances. I have to be super careful with whom I work.  


Next day, after sleeping on this situation: Most probably it is not malfeasance but simply disorder. I discovered that many Israeli companies are unable to follow simple but rigorous administrative routines. I surely cannot.


No comments:

Post a Comment