Friday, May 26, 2023

I could stop

 

In 1970, in Buenos Aires, I wrote down my life goals on a piece of paper and kept it in my wallet to have it always in mind. Benjamin Franklin's autobiography (Biblioteca Lincoln) inspired me. I formulated two goals: (1) family and (2) money. As an only child of penniless immigrants, I wanted a family. I had it quantified, I do not remember exactly but it was around four children. Quantifying my capital objective, I wanted to achieve a middle-class secure income. I estimated that it could be done with a capital of 100,000 dollars, which would yield about 1,000 dollars monthly income. Then it seemed like a large capital but soon I was working in Nigeria earning (and saving) 1,100 US$/month. 

52 years after I have overachieved my goals. I could stop, but then what?

No comments:

Post a Comment