Friday, September 27, 2024

Journal


 I have doubled my liquid assets, i.e. savings. It took 3 years, and the "secret" is Nvidia, a stock that rose 2,000%. On the other hand, my favorite ICL caused me a 50% loss. Israel Chemical exploits the minerals in the Dead Sea, but the fertilizer markets are apparently agonizing. Australia and Canada have opened new mines, the war in Ukraine did not harm their production, and prices are decreasing. Moreover, the Eilat-Red Sea route to India and China has been closed by the Houthis. These are small mountain tribes in Yemen, they conquered half of the country and are funded and armed by Iran. The Israeli company changed its focus and promoted itself as a specialty chemicals business: food preservatives, texturizers, and so on. My method is to read everything, buy stable companies' shares, and hold them forever. 

My wife was hospitalized two weeks ago and underwent a coronary procedure. She says it was nothing, I  suspect they installed a stent, and she is constantly tired and frightened of travel. 

I had a period of low blood pressure, did not work, and slept in the mornings, but now I take fewer pills and consume salty food. I had a few projects gone bad, it is very depressing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment