Friday, August 17, 2018

Slippery Sloping Skyward

I was invited to submit a proposal for a project in the Alon Towers in Tel Aviv. The illustration is 5 years old, in the meanwhile, it was built. The structural work was done by a Turkish company, the rest Israelis. I sent a very low estimate.

A few years ago I took several projects in "luxury" tall buildings, but I purposefully downgraded my jobs because hated to work in large teams with authoritarian/sadistic  project managers. I specialized in small projects and my practice is prospering, but the cream tends to float to the surface, and so I am slippery-sloping upwards to Tel Aviv prestigious jobs. As I grow older and fatter, the more I hate working at those altitudes. I have ten more working years left, maybe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment