Sunday, September 22, 2019

Change of vantage point

Yesterday was Saturday and a cloud of exhaustion descended on me, I could not focus on the drawing in front of me. With chemical help,  I slept the night and now feel less tired. But it is becoming clear that I am not up to my projects, I have entered the different phase of my life and should start retirement. Of course I am afraid of the "golden years", although all my friends have retired and spend their time travelling in the old country. What can I do in Vienna and Budapest? Last time I found the Viennese schwarzwald torte with solid margarine - uneatable, and the Hungarian goulash came with greasy chips. The turn-of-century buildings of Budapest are uncomfortable and unsafe (pic. my old neighborhood, VII kerulet). What can I do? 

No comments:

Post a Comment