Saturday, October 19, 2019

Kibbutz in the North

The family spent the weekend in the kibbutz of my little daughter. They have two factories, nut tree plantations and sheep. The managing committee is a gerousia of retired elders. My impression is that the commune is unsustainable, there is a permanent loss of younger people and birthrate under replacement. They compensate by accepting working age candidates, including Arabs, who - private opinion here -  are unsuited for egalitarian communal life. Some colored children. It is not behooving to notice the browning of the kibbutz. Let's hope no one reads this. 

3 comments:

  1. No more blonde Swedish volunteers?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did not research the issue. I saw a few blondies, but can't say if they were natural blondes, if they were Swedish volunteers or just garden-variety Ashkenazi communards. Possibly none of the above.

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S.: I saw a small girl with a chalk complexion and a big red Afro, but she is my granddaughter.

    ReplyDelete