Friday, October 11, 2019

The Japan I Missed

I have been a few times in the Far East, yet blinded by the stupid urge to work, I missed out its alcohol culture. Chinese rice liquors is the nearest I got, and did not specially like it. Yet it must have been somewhere out there but I did not see it. Chinese chronicles record the excessive drinking, singing  and dancing of the Yamatai people. Japanese adults on average drink 4.4 shots of hard liquor per week, the fifth highest in the world behind South Korea and Russia. Visitors to Japan comment that the country reeks of alcohol. I want to be immersed in that atmosphere !

Prisoner as I am of a vegan abstemious, fasting - ascetic clan, I fantasy of a lenient society. Japanese law makes no mention of such a crime as being drunk and disorderly. If anything, inebriation is taken into account as a mollifying factor if a crime is committed. Japanese society also tolerates sex in its versicolor forms. Japan is superior, if they only would change their writing so I could learn the lingo. 

No comments:

Post a Comment