Saturday, October 23, 2021

Yom Mooledet (Birthdays)

 


We celebrated the birthdays of two grandkids in a park in Harish. 

At home went to sleep my siesta and dreamed of Hungary after its liberation by the Red Army. The Communist government organized public trials against Zionist leaders, and hanged Rajk who was no Zionist but Communist from a non-Soviet fraction. Rakosi and Gero were interrogating me and I told them that we Zionists had no interest at all in the regime and its intrigues, we had dollars from American donors, which were most valuable in post-WWII Europe. I proposed a discrete transfer of Hungarian Jewish survivors to Eretz Israel. They were interested and assigned me a side office to organize it.


All my life had this recurrent dream of saving Hungarian Jewry.

No comments:

Post a Comment