Tuesday, April 16, 2024

Trauma Society

 


I read that 50 survivors of the Nova massacre - killed themselves. That others are in closed mental hospitals. This surprised me as I grew up among Auschwitz survivors, most of them having lost their families and husbands and children, and they had remade their lives quite normally. My uncle Joshka remarried, moved to Buenos Aires, and had no more children because of his luxury-loving wife Etha. Why does a simple massacre - a seven-hour event - cause them such mental harm? I am really astonished that the day after having been targeted by 300 missiles, everything here continues as always, and the children go to school and people continue working like nothing. Today, the war cabinet is deciding how and when to attack Iran. The streets are full and I am going to the Rami Levi supermarket because today is Tuesday - יום שוק

No comments:

Post a Comment