Thursday, September 10, 2026
Thus Spoke Nietzsche and He Was Right!
This German philosopher wrote - despectively - that the bourgeois life-goal is to
sleep well. Well, yes, when my sleeping pills were exhausted, I did not look
to replenish my precious hoard, but weaned myself off the sedatives. Ten days
later, I am sleeping like a fat German bourgeois, and my blood pressure has stabilized in the desired
range. It was easy! Do I dream? Yes. I am reliving, in detail and technicolour, every one of the girls who left an impression on me in my eighty years of existence. And lamenting the many, the too many
opportunities that I missed. Once, we were seated in the first row in the Ramat
Gan aficionados theatre, "Cats"; a young actress - a fat-assed girl - was dancing on the floor so near me that I breathed
her heavy, inebriating perspiration. I am reliving that hypnotic odour and my feeling. Summary of a life: I have lived.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment