Sunday, November 11, 2018

Up! Up from Depression

Saturday night worked hard to finish the chicken factory of D. in the Shaarey Benjamin Industrial Area, distant one kilometer from Ramallah. The factory is owned by an Israeli Arab, and like the supermarkets and other shops in that "illegal" settlement, is built on Palestinian clients. I feel that Israeli Arabs are super-aware of the opportunities opened up also for them, as part of the dominant nation, in the  territories. They have no fear and they speak perfect Arabic. 

The work was difficult, then I could not sleep and woke up angry with a vivid nightmare: it was the ceremony of presenting the diplomas of the course, everybody was receiving back approved their project papers and their diplomas, and I received a fat file with my many projects and no diploma. The old lady in charge indicated the three page handwritten letter explaining that they had examined carefully but decided to not graduate me.  

How to pull up myself from anger and depression? Start working. I am not in the mood, answered to myself. We  know that you cannot work now, but at least you can move your legs and get out of the bed and open the next plan? I could do that. Up then and start doing, the rest will come by itself. 

So I put myself in motion and worked till now. May be the issue is dehydration, I mean, I have not tasted wine for weeks, I am dry, I need vinegary smelly Rioja wine! Now that I have a clear goal, this night I am going to drink red wine as I recommended by the doctors. "Moderately" - whatever that translates for an old fat Jew. I am enjoying it in advance. Up from depression.    


No comments:

Post a Comment