Saturday, March 2, 2019

Weekend work lost

On Thursday there was a storm over the city and lighting struck and confounded my computer. One day was spent in trying to repair it but no success. I tried to diagnose the problem using my other computer, and said "power ... something" with easy 20 steps. Gave up. So started up my heavy laptop, but the Lenovo had erased all the programs "while you were away". I spent the morning re-installing Autocad and I am still at it. Tomorrow shall take it to "Ay-gor" (as in Dr. Frankensteen) to repair. I shall have to hear out the complaints of my clients that are opening supermarkets without the permits.

Spent some time visiting daughters, one is being sent by the NICE to Madrid, other is teaching and doing a M.Ed. and the last one preparing papers on why her students are missing classes. Her reasons are very PC (she wants to succeed) and supported by lots of academic references. I told her that it was all nonsense but then  - resigned -  helped her to be more convincingly politically correct.

She was selected to represent the stakeholders in some EU educational program. If Greg Cochran reads our papers, he would surely think we are typical liberal crazies, but my daughter is not in the position to write that her students carry a heavy load of defects, as it would not be acceptable nor conducive to receive a diploma and draw a salary. 


No comments:

Post a Comment