Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Israel: Quarantine and Without Government

The Ministry of Health has ordered total closure of the population, no one in the streets, shops closed, university and ministries working through the internet. This morning I had my trial lecture, it takes much more time than a frontal exposition, but at least we are paid. My daughter is on half salary and his husband was not sent home on the condition he works for three, that is, does the jobs of two others who were sacked. For me, this coronavirus situation means no change because I use to work from home office. And I have many projects going. The Clients are calling to alert me that the cheques are NOT in the post.

On the top of this emergency, the head of the Blue and White party is trying to form a coalition, but three of his party have abandoned him for trying to ally to the extremist Arab party Balad, and Netaniyahu et al. are not talking to him. The Chairman of the Parliament Yuly Edelstein (pic) has dissolved the committees and the bureaucracy is working without political direction or supervision. Edelstein is a Russian half-Jew and a fanatic right wing Zionist. The police is enforcing the quarantine and the Secret Service was ordered to follow suspected infected persons. Privacy laws have been suspended.

As always, some people are profiting in the chaos. The Bourse has crashed but my supermarket client is prospering. My son in law works in something related to foreign trade logistics: since many airlines are not flying, prices are higher. But this situation is not sustainable, the Bank of Israel is selling reserves.



No comments:

Post a Comment