Monday, February 7, 2022

Flower children in Israel


Not long ago it was the Age of Aquarius and many Jewish flower children sang with Rav Karlebach and settled in Israel.  One Dati-Leumi Aquarian turned up as a client, they live in a Hungarian-speaking moshav and tried to work the land in the highest, purest, Earth-friendly, ecological husbandry. Very nice idealist Americans. 

They refused to connect with the municipal services and built a wetland to recycle the water. They have ducks swimming in the black stinking pond and goats to graze the polluted swamp grass. They are paying religiously the municipal sewage fees although they never used the service. They decided to clean up that overflowing eco swamp and connect the house to the mainline. That requires planning and permits, my trade. 

When in Berkeley, California, in 1970, I befriended on the street a traveling group of "hippies", something resembling the "Hair" movie. Being the serious idiot I was and am, I failed to avail myself of the free sex they were famous for, and dropped off and continued my travels with the Greyhound bus.  


No comments:

Post a Comment