Sunday, September 3, 2023

Escapism in America


 Since I know myself, always admired America. The first thing I did after graduation was to take a long coast-to-coast trip on a 3-month Greyhound pass. To my surprise, the real thing did not measure up to my expectations. I was disappointed with the food - the gelatinous pies, the over-fried chickens, the dirty bus station restaurants. Without a doubt, I returned to Argentina and took a job. But this graph shows something different - today, Americans are smoking marijuana by the ton and are stoned on the road and on the job. They are hooked on drugs. I can compare them to Yemenites with their khat. What good can come out of this? How will they compete against the ferociously money hungry, work obsessed Chinese? 

No comments:

Post a Comment