Thursday, August 29, 2019

The aggravation that is Israel

This morning had a meeting at Mey N. (a city), the water corporation. The bureaucrat in charge of evaluating plans had rejected my plan (the supermarket in case had been operating for the last forty years on a plot zoned for "industry", and to be legal, the zoning had to be changed to "commerce"). (What is zoning?) What was the reason my plan was rejected? It did not follow the five page rules posted on their website. But I did, could you please specify what is wrong? Everything! he smiled. 

With the experience of the normally lazy bureaucrats, that just want me to pay homage to their power and need my finger to point out everything, because the mental effort to look carefully at the drawing and try to make sense of it may damage their grey cells, I felt depressed by what was expecting me. My expectation was fulfilled when sitting in front of the smiling bureaucrat. Where is the water main? I pointed out. And what is this thing here? It is an hydrant. And so. At last he found that the supermarket was part of a building complex and I did not prove that water supply will be sufficient for the thirty different shops in the place. I said I am not going to enter each shop and investigate their water demand. You do it ! He felt he had gone too far, so the negotiation (because that is what it was) ended by agreeing that the surveyor had done a faulty job and will be ordered to measure everything anew.

While in the office, two men were shouting and banging the receptionist's desk. I never stole anything in my life and you say that I stole 20 cubic meters of water! How! It is the water corporation's meter, I had to pay for it, and you made the connection. If it is wrongly connected, it is your fault and should come and correct it. I am wasting my time for the third visit here and no one does anything! What a shitty country (verbatim!). מדינת חרא  The man was really excited and worked up, my companion said leave fast because they will call us as witnesses to violence. That's Israel, my country, the dream of two thousand years. Not exactly what Herzl intended. He wanted us to speak a cultured European language, German or French.  Pic.: The Israel Young Philharmonic.

P.S.: Why I accept these depressing jobs? (1) I am so old that no one will employ me. (2) Most of the work is planning done at home (3) It is relatively profitable. Zoning regulation is a matter of life and death for this supermarket. (4) Teaching in the university is not less depressing. (5) Life itself is depressing, but what is the alternative?

1 comment:

  1. I am Leah Hart I live in Ohio USA I’m 32 Years old, am so happy I got my blank ATM card from united hacking company  blank ATM card that can withdraw $5,500 daily. I got it from him  last week and now I have withdrawn about $15,000 for free. The blank ATM withdraws money from any ATM machines and there is no name on it because it is blank just your PIN will be on it, it is not traceable and now I have money for business, shopping and enough money for me and my family to live on.I am really glad and happy i met united hacking company  because I met Five persons before him and they could not help me. But am happy now united hacking company  sent the card through DHL and I got it in two days. Get your own card from him right now, he is giving it out for small fee to help people even if it is illegal but it helps a lot and no one ever gets caught or traced. I’m happy and grateful to the united hacking company   because he changed my story all of a sudden. The card works in all countries that is the good news contact. email address: unitedblankatmhackcard@gmail.com 

    ReplyDelete