Friday, July 17, 2020

How to decolonize myself?

The worst blot in one's character is to be a colonizator  or a colonial master.  I decided to purify myself from this aberration. In my case, I was born and grew up in a central European provincial town, no diversity there. There had been no African slaves ever in the country and being landlocked, it never participated in any overseas colonization project. How can one decolonize oneself if it never was tainted by colonization?

For a start, one has to immerse itself in the colonial experience. I had to buy a Black slave and experience flogging him. In the Sinai peninsula I located a Bedouin tribe that had captured African would-be illegal immigrants to Israel. They were ready to sell me a Darfur boy for 500 dollars. After checking his teeth, I took the offer. I put the boy to plant cotton and sing blues. The cotton failed, I did not like his singing, so put him into goat herding. I bought some animals and rent pasture from the Bedouins. After a while concluded that I was not becoming a true colonial master and the experience was expensive. I paid the Bedouins a hundred dollars to return the slave. Neither Darfur nor the goats felt the difference. In the end, I failed to see the point of colonization and less of decolonization, so I am now back to my engineering job. I am my guilty slave-owner self once again. 

3 comments:

  1. The ruling principle of all human relations is profit and advantage.
    There is no profit from African slave trading, machines can harvest cotton better than humans. That is why slavery was abolished, not out of humanitarian concerns, i.e., the regions practicing slavery, Alabama, Mississippi, India, Arabia, and China, were holding back the world by not industrializing. The Industrialized nations, like the North in America, and England in Asia and Africa, conquered them and industrialized them by force, which finally allowed capital to be maximized. Nothing to do with human rights, slaves were worse off materially after their labors were no longer needed, they had to migrate elsewhere for work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only type of slavery which will forever be practiced is sexual slavery. No machine can replace the pleasures of a woman's flesh. For now at least.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I dont know. Dont believe the protests. Women like to be owned by a gentle and generous slave-master.

      Delete