Monday, July 6, 2020

Crisis in Israel

The Government met today and declared strong measures in the political, health and economic spheres. Politically, the application of sovereignty to the uninhabited parts of the Palestinian Authority was frozen and forgotten, given the international protest. It was a balloon flown by Netaniyahu and then silently shot down. On the health front, we have serious outbreak of Corona virus, 4% of the tests are coming back positive. I try to get out the less possible. On the economic front, the Bank of Israel reassessed its numbers and the GNP will be minus 6% this years, with some luck. It promised to flood the market with money and TASE jumped accordingly. I am  worth 20% less than a year ago. I have much work because my clients, while actually starving, are receiving generous injections of bank loans for building and enlarging their current business. My daughters and their hombres are all having difficulties in their jobs. I am feeling depressed, even as the seqels are starting to pour in after three months of drought. 

No comments:

Post a Comment