Wednesday, September 23, 2020

Hope vs Hopelessness

The corona epidemic is getting to our nerves. Today, 7000 infected in Israel. My daughter feels all kinds of symptoms and fears having the disease. She succeeded in infecting - with her hysteria - my wife. I have two clients phoning me all day - why I don't answer and why I am not advancing with their projects. I wish they would disappear. I'll have to face them sooner or later, tomorrow or Friday. 

I had planned my life so that I shall work till age .. (my current age) . It seemed so far away that I did not plan anything after that.  Life passed without noticing and now I have no future plans. Everybody says that not working causes hopelessness, depression, disease and early death. I have several professional articles half-written, and I am not finishing them because of "what for?" I believe it does no good for my children to inherit much, or am I just an old miser?

Woody Allen convinced himself that had brain cancer and walked aimlessly and then entered a cinema where he watched a Marx Brothers film. What the Hell, I am enjoying it! and went to work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment