Thursday, September 10, 2020

Hard Times


In the last week I have worked very little,  lack of energy. Today I took part in a ZOOM meeting of a Commercial Center project under The HaEmek Hospital. I asked for my proposal to be signed, and the bastards changed the content: things I wrote were changed to the opposite. I resigned the job. Depressing. 

The Revenue hit me with a large amount for 2019 and this month I am paying more tax than my income. Depressing. 

The University is open and my absence has gone totally unnoticed. Twenty years driving to Ariel and now I am a stranger.

I am searching for a purpose but nothing interests me. I am going to bed to read Naipaul's Stanleyville story. Pic.: There were no roads and all the traffic moved with the weekly steamer.  It took a week on the Congo River to reach the capital (2000 km). The verbosity of Naipaul is tiring. He over-analyses his feelings in every situation. The description of the Indian trading settlement in Zanzibar and East Africa is interesting. Till Idi Amin expelled them. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment