Wednesday, May 19, 2021

Lod Today


 I went this morning to a food company I am advising for the last twenty years.  They are situated on the border between Lod and Ramle, both with a large Arab population. Lod is the center of the civil disorder aka riots aka pogrom in Israel. The police national commander moved its HQ to the Lod police station. In the factory everything was quiet, one young Palestinian woman (a secretary) greeted me with coffee and after some banter, I asked for a kiss and she embraced me. Never happened to me. The boss, a tall Ashkenazi, was stressed out and did not focus. Then came Faddy the supervisor, a really intelligent Arab fellow, and we worked out a program. I enjoy working with high IQ people and it was nice to meet Faddy again. This year they paid 30,000 dollars penalty for excess salt and lipids in the wastewater. No factory is able to comply with the draconian laws of this country. Clearly, it did not break them since they are taking over the neighboring property. 

Pic.: Eggplant. I'm allergic to it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment