Tuesday, May 18, 2021

Something New

 I designed a large hothouse and got the necessary permits. That is what I imagined. 

My project report started to circulate within the deep bureaucracy and each office searched for reasons to kill the project. The Nature Authority demanded a detailed lighting schedule, to evaluate the light polluting potential of the project. They directed me to a 50 pg manual about light pollution. 

The project has no night illumination, the crops grow under natural light conditions. I know that is not the answer they will accept. I need to produce an illumination timetable. 

A dry gully nearby has been declared an ecological corridor and I have to submit an analysis of how the project will affect it.  Israel has been chock-full with humans since the Neanderthals. No "Nature" left here: not as shown on BBC documentaries and none as they understand it. They are practically asking me to invent it. I"ll work out the daily drinking schedule of the lions and the buffalos in the inexistent water hole, the ecologists will have their imaginary nature, the project will be approved and everybody will be happy.  

No comments:

Post a Comment