Sunday, May 30, 2021

Prime Minister Naphtali Bennet


Well, it seems inevitable. 
A government with Avigdor Liberman as Finance Minister and the Finance Committee controlled by Yisrael Beytenu, and six ministries headed by Labour and Meretz, will be a distinctly secular left-wing government. It will dramatically harm the Haredi community and change the status quo on issues of religion and state. 

Who is Bennet? He is, like Netanyahu, a former leader of Sayeret Matkal, Israel's elite commando unit. His parents are American. He founded the high-tech company Cyota, which specializes in online information security. The company employs some 400 workers, and in 2005 it was sold to an American company for $145 million. Bennett also served as the CEO of Soluto, which was sold for some $100 million. He lives in the neighborhood. He is bald, like me. In short, he is qualified to lead the country. 

I have to start selling stock to pay my obligations. I have about two weeks to liquidate the portfolio. Just now the political plonter is on the way to a solution and the bourse is rising... I cannot wait more and shall sell for less than I could get if I wait for more. But I cannot wait. Expletive deleted. 

No comments:

Post a Comment