Sunday, April 8, 2018

Be a Secret Agent

Yesterday we had a strike in the University. It was all very quiet so I had time to play with "moodle", the in-house network. Suddenly appeared a page urging me "Be a Secret Agent" - it was a call for a course in hasbara - explaining Israeli views on the social media. Since I have no free time and am old for learning new tricks, I am not interested. Moreover I am a declared Zionist since age fifteen and writing all the time about Israel. But we are so few and the world so big that overall Zionist impact is minimal.


Trying to buy something to eat, discovered that all the sandwiches were vegetarian or naturalist (tivoni) - no real food was sold on campus. The new religious right-wing settler youth studying in Ariel are mostly fanatical environmentalists, specially the females of the species, and carefully read the labels about components, and examine the kashrut stamp and which rabbi has signed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment