Tuesday, October 30, 2018

October: No income

The last bill I sent out to collect was a month and half ago, and my income was nil. I worked little, drank red wine, slept a lot. I am feeling well and healthy but I have to work. It is not only that I have no income: the worldwide "correction" in the financial markets erased about 10% of my savings. I have to take myself in my hands because next March I am scheduled to travel to New York and walk a lot. My leg is still not 100%.

Today we have municipal elections in Kever Benjamin City. The candidates are not attractive. The serious problem in this city is that we have little tax-paying industry, so 80% of the municipal budget is based on the arnona - residential taxes, which are among the highest in Israel. All the candidates talk about greenery, trees, parks, special education for the imbeciles, street art and culture. No one is interested in attracting industry and I do not mean "satanic mills" but high-tech chimney-less enterprises. Pic.: A business  building in the new industrial zone of Raanana, a wealthy neighboring town. I designed a large bakery in it. Our own new industrial area, bordering the separation wall, is being filled with garages and nut-toasting mini-businesses.

P.S. Yesterday's elections gave my city a new major - a retired police chief. It may be a reaction to the former major, jailed for corruption. 

No comments:

Post a Comment