Sunday, January 27, 2019

Enduring Grandfatherhood

I married late and my daughters are also marrying late so I am now an old grandfather. Today went to pick up one grandchild from the kinder because the mother was in the hospital. She is studying for the Master and the exams are coming, and she started vomiting and feeling ill. She is pregnant. My wife and I am the substitute parents, and at my age, it is not easy. We cleaned her apartment and prepared some food. I feel in my bones that modern life is the enemy of big families. Or even small families. Only isolating ourselves from secular education, career, friends, etc. and sacrificing the possibility of making money  - like the religious - are we able to have children. For the first time in history, there is plenty of food, but life is not easy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment