Monday, January 21, 2019

In the Tel Aviv Palace of Justice

Two years ago I gave a written expert opinion on the flooding of a low laying shop. Wrote a short paper, took the money, paid 50% taxes, and forgot the whole business. Yet the Justice never forgets a thing and it grew till the judgment day arrived. Today. Who is responsible for the frequent flooding and sewage overflow? The Judge's own expert wrote that of course it was the occupant's duty to build a pumping station. I said that it was the Authority's legal responsibility to evacuate the sewage. The Judge went out to lunch and left us for half an hour. In this time the insurance woman and the lawyer of the flooded party achieved agreement, 80,000 shekels. When the Judge came back he dictated the conclusion and the problem was who shall pay the experts? Lots of technical discussion that I did not follow, but in the end the lawyer promised to send me the cheque.

The place is a an enormous Brutalist style building, massive cement blocks, some of them with impressed relief signs and mysterious signs (pic). It must have some meaning. I shall read it when I have time.

No comments:

Post a Comment