Wednesday, May 8, 2019

Struggling to Recover Work Habit

In the last two weeks I have been working but without my former enthusiasm.  Most of the pressure comes from projects that I had given for finished, but the regulators demand additions and explanations. That is, unpaid work. Yet it has to be done. I am feeling despair about the permitting system in Israel, the regulators - bureaucrats in their air-conditioned offices - fell no shame in demanding 10 thousand dollars worth of reports and plans from a poor Oriental Jew who dreams of opening a small bakery or workers restaurant. I commented on this scandal with some of my colleagues but they are indifferent, cynical, and even exploitative.  I am losing my taste for this line of work. Pic.: A corner kitchen of a mini-"humuseria", humus and felafel eatery in Kfar Saba. I am working on the permit in the last six months and there is always some additional document that is missing or needs correcting.


PS.: My criticism of the native bureaucracy may be unjust. The London sewage outlet project (the Thames Tunnel) required a 50,000 pages permitting submission. 

1 comment:

  1. My name is Mrs Aisha Mohamed, am a Citizen Of Qatar.Have you been looking for a loan?Do you need an urgent personal loan or business loan?contact Dr James Eric Finance Home he help me with a loan of $42,000 some days ago after been scammed of $2,800 from a woman claiming to been a loan lender but i thank God today that i got my loan worth $42,000.Feel free to contact the company for a genuine financial service. Email:(financialserviceoffer876@gmail.com) call/whats-App Contact Number +918929509036

    ReplyDelete