Saturday, May 25, 2019

The Best Beer in China

When I was working in China,  I was proudly invited to drink the local German beer, produced by authentic Germans. Not German Germans but Chinese Germans. As forgotten by the West (but never by the Chinese), Tsingtao province used to be a German colony. In 1903 German settlers in Qingdao, Shandong province established brewery which is still operating. I am not a beer drinker so - to quote Shakespeare - it is all the same to me. 



My hosts were very aware of China's conquest, division, colonization, and Western settlers on their land. They had it always before their eyes when considering who they were and where they were on this jungle-planet. It was 1985 and they still were deathly afraid of Western foreigners.

With some reason. 

1 comment:

  1. My name is Mrs Aisha Mohamed, am a Citizen Of Qatar.Have you been looking for a loan?Do you need an urgent personal loan or business loan?contact Dr James Eric Finance Home he help me with a loan of $42,000 some days ago after been scammed of $2,800 from a woman claiming to been a loan lender but i thank God today that i got my loan worth $42,000.Feel free to contact the company for a genuine financial service. Email:(financialserviceoffer876@gmail.com) call/whats-App Contact Number +918929509036

    ReplyDelete