Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Take my money, please!


Israeli high-tech companies raised a record $3.2 billion the first half of 2018, which was higher than the annual total capital raised in 2010-2013. Foreign money is flooding Israeli industry, begging to accept their money and do something with it. I'll have to rise my prices, just to appropriate my fair share of the cake. The god Pluto, who is blind and starving as everybody who has read Aristophanes knows, must hade Aliyah to enjoy the Bituach Leumi (Social Security) generosity. 

But that is not what I have in mind. I am wondering if I am wealthy enough to stop buying red wine in Coffix at 20 sheqel  (6 US$) the bottle and progress to something better? Coffix sells a mix of Cabernet Sauvignon and Malbec varieties. Malbec is a spicy, harsh variety, that is the common wine (Vino de Mesa) sold in Argentina. There was no lunch in my time without a "pinguino"  (pic right) of Malbec on the table. Today, applying will power to conquer my natural inclination, I could afford Merlot or even Pinot Noir, but my tastes were set in the proletarian Barrio of Mataderos. What I really would like is a damajuana of Vino Chinche de Rioja (Argentina) (pic left), which was considered undrinkable and very cheap. 

No comments:

Post a Comment