Thursday, January 9, 2020

TEVA returning to its roots

I lost a fortune because of TEVA's collapse. This was the only global Israeli company and it went broke because its "poison pill" strategy of assuming  debt to avoid being bought by Mylar, and lately for fines following its distribution of legal opioid drugs in America.

Desperate, the company decided to return to its roots in Israel and absorb local pharm startups. If it succeeds, TEVA's distribution power may cause a revolution in the local biotech startup scene.

I am looking again at Protalix, a local struggling firm. I know a chemical engineer who lost his savings investing in this startup and moved to the medical cannabis area. Protalix announced the exchange of $54.1 million principal amount of the Company’s outstanding 4.50% Senior Convertible Notes due 2018 for $40.2 million principal amount of newly issued 7.50% Senior Secured Convertible Notes due 2021 plus shares. It seems to me a bad omen  to recycle 4.5% with 7.5% which is usurious. I know nothing of other firms, only that six seven years ago I lost some money on them. May be this time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment