Sunday, January 26, 2020

Excess Work

I am not looking for work but work is looking for me. The last week's rains have caused enormous material damages, including the flooding of an Air Force hangar and damages to fighter jets (each costs like 100 million dollars), and the flooding of cities and underground parking. Two unfortunate people got caught in a lift and was killed. I am among the few free-lance water and drainage engineers with publications, and I am getting inundated by urgent orders. Money is no problem, they say. I always had too much work and worked too hard, but this is ridiculous and do less than my potential. The Arena center in Nahariya was about to be sold last week, after its flooding it seems doubtful. In Spanish: Dios le da pan al que no tiene dientes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment