Sunday, July 21, 2019

Plumbing Excellence in Israel

In January I designed plumbing systems for four gyms in Tel Aviv area. The Client was an international gym chain planning to open forty new gyms in Israel. Against Israeli practice, they paid well and in advance. After designing four, I resigned because the architect produced new designs every two days and demanded constant updating of the drawings. The gyms are all working and very successful. Now I was called to do an expert report on one of "my" gyms because they do not want to pay the plumber for his substandard work. I wrote my 26 pages illustrated report. I never saw such a bad workmanship in Israel. The pipes were fake Giberit HDPE, some of them even re-used ones! I advised to disassemble the whole thing, bring in an expert plumber with suitable equipment, and remake the whole thing. Which is impossible, because the gym is working and most of the plumbing is embedded in the concrete structure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment