Thursday, January 11, 2018

Fighting the blues

A client owes me 8 thousand dollars and promised that the money will be in the bank last week. Today their accountant told me that the day will be Monday. Stupid me, already gave them the receipt.

I had to rewrite a Technical Report the third time, because the first was based on American (EPA) parameters, then the Ministry manageress demanded to apply Israeli parameters but she did not like the result, and now they demand recalculate all following German rules (the strictest of  all). She demands to use the very worst case scenario, like the sewage temperature is above 50 Celsius, the fats are all dense bovine fat (density 1.5 while in Israel we use light soy oil, density 0.8) and multiply all by an uncertainty factor of 1.5. Ignorant, malignant, indifferent bureaucracy. My client invested millions in building up the project and she knows he will have to comply with any expensive idiocy she may demand. I would suspect she is seeking a discrete bribe, but  a Zionist does not entertain such dark thought. 

To strengthen my spirit I re-run in my mind "Much ado for Nothing" staged at Shakespeare Theater, two months ago, in London. I was sitting first floor, left.

Post Scriptum Jan. 19, 2018: Well, the Bald Man who owes me money ...  paid. It paid a third of the debt and promised to pay the rest in two-three months, as I had agreed. In fact, I was so despondent that I had offered to be paid in subsequent months. It is not a disaster.

Regarding the rejection of my third Technical Report, surprisingly, it was approved. Retrospectively, I should have proposed a DAF (Diffused Air Flotation) machine, I would have been a pioneer introducing this technology in the Israeli food industry. I asked for a quotation from Ali Express and received dozens of beautiful (for me) offers from China (pic). The low prices were a surprise. Fifteen years ago the Chinese did not know what a DAF did. Shockingly fast learners.

No comments:

Post a Comment