Sunday, January 7, 2018

Nigerian Disappointment

Like millions, I too received wonderful emails from Nigerian princes and African Treasure Ministers begging me to help them to liberate large sums unreachable by normal means. Interpol estimates that about 100 million dollars per year are sent to Nigeria by people believing in the scam. "At last, I said to myself, the demonstration that Africans have high IQ at least when it comes to cheating."

But I am sadly disappointed. The "Brain" behind the scam is a 67-year old White (pink, in fact) American, Michael Neu (Slidell,LA), who is being prosecuted for 269 counts of Wire Fraud and Money Laundering.

On the other hand, and with me always there is another hand, sometimes even three or four, it is encouraging for this decrepit engineer to see an old man inventing and managing such an ingenious internet-based system.

No comments:

Post a Comment