Monday, November 23, 2020

I feel Kelvin Helmholtz Waves

Sudden change in wind speed and direction produces turbulent eddies i.e. Kelvin Helmholtz Waves. For two months I hoarded cash, not knowing what to do with it. Today I felt a sudden change in the stock exchange, and the re-birth of hope and activity. I started to buy stock, including fossil oil and gas, BAZAN (the local refinery), Cherry, a Chinese car maker owned by an Israeli concern. The shekel is stronger than ever, 3.3 shekel per USdollar, making Tel Aviv one of the most expensive cities of the world. The cheapest apartment in Kfar Saba sells for 2 - 3 million shekels. My youngest daughter wants to leave the kibbutz, to live near her sisters. Her boyfriend is unemployed and depressed, as are those in the music/entertainment industry.

No comments:

Post a Comment