Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Difficult days ahead

This is the second day of the difficult weeks ahead. Once again, I have to collect and organize documents to submit to the Authorities. Once again, my thoughts revert to the existential, I seek strength in my personal and family history. My parents courageously left everything and passed illegally the Hungarian - Austrian frontier, and we arrived at Vienna with absolutely nothing. They were not slaves to real estate mother language and culture, promising jobs. They were ready to throw it all away and start from nothing. Penniless refugees, yet we survived without much pain. What is the worst that can happen to me? Nothing. At my age, I am done and all I strive for the future is to help my grandchildren. They have good parents so my contribution is inessential. Let's get down to the work on the table and keep going.

No comments:

Post a Comment